Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Avatar

Yes it is very mainstream, and yes everyone is writing about this one, but I just have to add my few words to the fray.
This movie with all its hype, its overwhelming scope, its strangling beauty and storyline shortcomings had quite an impact on me.
For at least a week after seeing it I felt strangely depressed. Just down. Then I read somewhere that this movie is having that effect not just on me. This alternative world is just painted so beautifully, so realistically, that people feel depressed about leaving it behind. I too loved loved it. This movie sets a new standard. And if we all sometimes wonder what life will be like when digitally created realities surround us and we can no longer see, hear, smell or feel the difference with real life, Avatar is a preview of what that will be like. Probably it will be highly addictive, and we will suffer from cold turkey upon exit, but it will also be absolutely fabulous.
Lägg till video

No comments:

Post a Comment