Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Anne Frank in a Palestinian Keffiyeh

I've always been a great lover of urban stencil art, and this is one I am particularly fond of. I photographed it off a wall in Amsterdam OZ some years ago.

Sweet Anne Frank in a Palestinian Keffiyeh.

It so strong visually, combining two symbols of antagonists that have been at eachothers throats for four decades, yet it doesn't feel wrong or aggressive; it's actually an image of hope and peace. Strangely. Kudos to whoever made this one.

...and clearly i am not the only one who's noticed; this Anne Frank stencil has also appeared on the streets of NYC:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nickcalyx/867349732/

1 comment:

  1. i love this and other stencil art as well.
    I shot one of these, with my camera : ), in Hollywood, ca.

    ReplyDelete